Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love spit-grilling these little guys but also enjoy them baked! We usually serve them with rice pilaf or stir fried rice and green beans.
- 4 rock cornish game hens, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse hens and pat dry, removing innards; lightly salt and pepper inside and out.
- Sprinkle pineapple chunks lightly with curry powder and stuff hens.
- Truss hens and close cavity. Tie wings to body and legs to tail.
- GRILL: Balance on spit and secure with holding forks. Grill over medium coals or on rotisserie in gas grill set at medium for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally with melted butter mixed with lemon juice.
- OR BAKE: Place bird on rack and bake in 325 dg oven for one hour or until tender, covering with foil if becoming too brown. Baste occasionally with butter/lemon mixture.
- I have been told internal temperature should reach 160 dg., but have not tried this method.
No great shakes. I served to my father-in-law since he hates onions and garlic and this had neither....He didn't even think it was too good. I felt like he was kind for eating it.
Cooked this for my family and it was a big hit. Has a wonder favor. i did make a mixture of olive oil, paprika and garlic powder, I rubbed the mixture over the hens. Also cook only two hens but used the 16 oz can of pineapple. Baked it in the oven. Internal temperture was 170. Will certainly be cooking quite often.