Recipe by Mareesme
We love spit-grilling these little guys but also enjoy them baked! We usually serve them with rice pilaf or stir fried rice and green beans.
Top Review by Funkymunky613
No great shakes. I served to my father-in-law since he hates onions and garlic and this had neither....He didn't even think it was too good. I felt like he was kind for eating it.
- 4 rock cornish game hens, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse hens and pat dry, removing innards; lightly salt and pepper inside and out.
- Sprinkle pineapple chunks lightly with curry powder and stuff hens.
- Truss hens and close cavity. Tie wings to body and legs to tail.
- GRILL: Balance on spit and secure with holding forks. Grill over medium coals or on rotisserie in gas grill set at medium for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally with melted butter mixed with lemon juice.
- OR BAKE: Place bird on rack and bake in 325 dg oven for one hour or until tender, covering with foil if becoming too brown. Baste occasionally with butter/lemon mixture.
- I have been told internal temperature should reach 160 dg., but have not tried this method.