Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Cornish Game Hens just seem to be a "romantic" type dish. Try this with a "candlelight and wine" theme dinner.
- 4 small rock cornish hens
- garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Mix garlic salt, thyme, curry and pepper.
- Sprinkle in cavity of each hen.
- Truss hens.
- Heat butter, lemon and paprika to make basting sauce.
- Put hens in shallow baking pan and baste.
- Place in hot 450°F oven for 1/2 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and roast about 50 minutes more (until hens are a deep brown colour).
- Baste occasionally while cooking.
Followed as written- wonderful.
Count me in too! This is an excellent recipe. My family raved about the flavor SO I did not tell them about the curry...which they all think they do not like! What they do not know will never hurt the. I have been asked to make this recipe again...so keep my secret :)
Very nice way of doing cornish hens. Next time I may add more curry powder, just my personal preference!