- 4 small rock cornish hens
- garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic salt, thyme, curry and pepper.
- Sprinkle in cavity of each hen.
- Truss hens.
- Heat butter, lemon and paprika to make basting sauce.
- Put hens in shallow baking pan and baste.
- Place in hot 450°F oven for 1/2 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and roast about 50 minutes more (until hens are a deep brown colour).
- Baste occasionally while cooking.