This is simple and a lot of fun to make. Make sure the color matches the flavor, or mix and match, to make people guess the flavor! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-size heavy saucepan combine sugar, water, light corn syrup and salt, and Stir until sugar dissolves.
- 2Cover pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- 3Remove lid and insert a candy thermomater and cook until temperature reaches 250 degrees F.
- 4Add food coloring, stirring with metal spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Continue cooking until the temperature reaches hard crack, or 300 degrees F.
- 6Remove pan from heat and let it cool about 3 minutes, then add flavoring oil, and mix it very well.
- 7Cover the pan and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- 8Pour the candy into greased molds (for lollypops) or a marble slab or into a greased shallow pan.
- 9As soon as it is cool enough to handle, cut into squares with scissors or roll into balls or shapes.
- 10Or, another option is to let the candy cool completely, then break the candy into bite-sized pieces with a cleaned hammer or the blunt end of a butter knife.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock Candy
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 923.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 197.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g