Recipe by JustJanS
I'm posting these for a request. My mum used to make them, but I've never made them-only eaten them! The directions say a "quick oven". I can only guess what THAT means;-) and whilst these are called cakes, they are more like cookies.
Top Review by Jo Ann L
My mother would have known exactly what temperature a "quick" oven is, but the best I can do is search waay back in my memory. I think it is about 375*F--don't know what that would be in Celsius.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml self raising flour
- 118.29 ml mixed peel
- 177.44 ml sultana
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml mixed spice
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml milk (or as needed to make a VERY stiff dough)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, add the egg and beat well.
- Sift in the flour and spices, add the fruit and begin to add as much milk as you need to make a STIFF dough.
- Divide with a fork, and place small pieces on a greased biscuit tray.
- Bake in a quick oven for 15 minutes.
- *Ican only guess a quick oven would be 200-220c.