Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An old recipe I've had for years that makes the best Rock Cakes ever!!
- 473.18 ml self raising flour
- 85.04 g butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml currants
- 44.37 ml sultanas
- 59.16 ml milk
- Grease oven tray and set to hot (400f).
- Sift flour,rub in butter,mix in sugar and spice.
- Add fruits and mix in well.
- Beat egg and add milk, then mix with the dry ingredients to a stiff dough.
- Put small tablespoonfuls in little rough heaps on greased baking tin.
- Bake in a hot oven(400f) for 10 - 15 minutes.