- 2 cups self rising flour, sifted
- 90 g butter or 90 g margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fruit (raisins)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C Place flour in a large bowl and add butter and rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in sugar , fruit, nuts and ginger. Whisk eggs into milk and add to dry ingredients. Mix to a stiff dough.
- Make round heaps on greased oven trays. Bake for 10-15 min or until golden brown.