Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Home Economics class in high school. (about 1990). This is very easy and tastes good too! Great for a first timer! Adding a bit more cinnamon and maybe some nutmeg adds a bit more flavor.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add margarine, rub in until like fine bread crumbs.
- Mix in fruit.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Add beaten egg and enough milk to dry mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Place on cookie sheet in small rough piles.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until light brown in color and firm to touch.
- Cool on wire rack.