Recipe by cookingpompom
Perfect for the lunch box and not difficult to make - moorish and delicious.
- 150 g butter, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup sultanas, raisins or 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup dried desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- vanilla icing
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line a large (19x30 cm) baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and syrup together, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs (beat to combine).
- Add the flour, dried fruit, coconut and milk - stir to combine.
- Spoon into the pan (to thick to pour) and carefully smooth over the top.
- Bake at 180oC for 25 minutes OR until the top is firm to touch.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the tin and turn onto a wire rack to cool fully, top with icing and slice to serve.
- ICING - combine and well mix all the ingredients until smooth in a medium sized bowl. Add a little more hot water as needed to get the right consistency.