Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the Rock Bottom Brewery in Ahwatukee, Arizona On 6/23 made a correction for salt and baking powder.
- 9.85 ml salt
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 566.99 g flour
- 88.74 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 88.74 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml beer
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix in cheese, peppers, and onions.
- Add 1 1/2 C beer; mix well.
- Add remaining 1/2 C beer.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Lynn this is a great beer bread. I have made 3 times now since the contest for Aus/NZ swap #44 and love it more each time! The first 2 times I made it in a regular loaf pan, the third time I mde in a ceramic crock so I could take from the oven to the table. It looked great, smelled lovely and DH even partook as he is not a huge bread eater anymore. LOVE IT. I sent this recipe to my mom as she wanted to give it a shot as well. Thank you.
Made for my lovely ZWT 5 captain, Lavender Lynn. I'm not going to give this a star rating at this point because I fear the measurement for the salt and baking powder may need to be changed to teaspoon from tablespoons. Will change my review if I make it again with that change. HUGE potential here. Just need to try it again sometime. Thanks, Lynn, for gifting yourself to us Genies for the tour. Hugs, Peggy