Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A robust "man's" quiche! Bacon, mushrooms, onions, blue cheese & swiss cheese.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, prebaked
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven 425F degrees.
- In skillet fry bacon til crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Remove most fat from skillet then saute' mushrooms and onions til browned.
- In bowl combine eggs, half and half, pepper.
- Crumble bacon onto bottom of prepared pie shell.
- Then add the onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over all.
- Top with the grated swiss cheese.
- Pour egg mixture carefully over contents.
- Bake at 425' for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350' bake another 20-25 minutes til center is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was delicious! Don't use more than 3 tablespoons of the blue cheese or it will be too overpowering. This dish was fairly easy, and the taste was worth every minute. Thanks L DJ!
My DH was less than thrilled when I told him "quiche for dinner". He ate half of it. Wow was this ever good! The only change I made was garden chives over the onion. Loved the touch of blue cheese! My new "go to" Quiche! Thanks for posting!!
My dh and I have never been big fans of quiches, however this one has to be the best one ever. I didn't have half and half so I used whole milk, and I didn't have blue cheese (which I love) so I just used some cheddar. I alsoused turkey bacon. I can't wait to try it with the blue cheese next time. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe.