Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a no-bake cookie that my sister showed me when I was a kid and they immediately became my favorite. I am not sure why they are called Rochester cookies or where the recipe came from. I kept losing the recipe, so I thought I would post it here for posterity! They cook up fast, so when you have a craving, they won't keep you waiting long. They set-up nicely over time, but I doubt they'll last that long!
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar (could substitute splenda, although I haven't tried it)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk (low or non-fat is fine, that's what I use)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter (light is fine)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Combine cocoa, sugar, butter, vanilla and milk in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let the mixture boil hard for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto waxed paper.
- Cool completely.