Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Don't bother thinking about the fat content, because you'll eat them anyway! These became "Rochelle's" cookies because she is the oldest child, and was the first of the kids to start baking. I believe this is a Betty Crocker recipe, but my family knows them as "Rochelle's" because she made them so often and so well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening and butter in medium bowl.
- Add sugars; cream together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir in chocolate chips when partially mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
I cook these all the time. I hope everyone trys these they are great!!!
Very good cookie. Thin, but not crisp and still considerably chewey. Nice, flat choc chip cookie, and no prob with the bottom falling off, as I usually experience with a thinner cookie. Yum, yum. Thanks a bunch.
fantastic cookies! i too used double the butter in place of shortening. i also used about 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips. amazing!