Recipe by bug @<
Don't bother thinking about the fat content, because you'll eat them anyway! These became "Rochelle's" cookies because she is the oldest child, and was the first of the kids to start baking. I believe this is a Betty Crocker recipe, but my family knows them as "Rochelle's" because she made them so often and so well.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening and butter in medium bowl.
- Add sugars; cream together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir in chocolate chips when partially mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.