Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't bother thinking about the fat content, because you'll eat them anyway! These became "Rochelle's" cookies because she is the oldest child, and was the first of the kids to start baking. I believe this is a Betty Crocker recipe, but my family knows them as "Rochelle's" because she made them so often and so well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening and butter in medium bowl.
- Add sugars; cream together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir in chocolate chips when partially mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.