Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw these on one of the morning news shows and they sounded so interesting I had to try them. I can't believe how delicious they are!! Brownies aren't just for dessert anymore! They come from the kitchen of Rocco DiSpirito
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 8 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine beans, cocoa powder, espresso and egg substitute in food processor. Process about 2 minutes, scraping sides after 1 (make sure mixture is smooth).
- Add chocolate syrup, sour cream, butter, Truvia or Splenda and vanilla. Process 1 more minute, till all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into dish, smoothing the top. Bake for 28-30 minutes, turning pan half way through cooking time. Test with toothpick (will have soft batter clinging to it).
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into 12 squares. Enjoy!
- *Refrigerate leftovers.