Chef #678704's Note:
This was originally a rich chicken dish made with lots of cream. Rocco in his cookbook 'Now Eat This!' has slimmed the recipe down considerably. Rocco's cookbook says that each serving has 192 calories and only 3 g of fat. When I prepared this recipe, I pan cooked the turkey chunks because my grill was broken and it still turned out lovely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-in pieces
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into fine dice
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- 2Skewer the turkey and bell pepper on 4 metal skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- 3When the grill is hot, spray the skewers with cooking spray. Grill the kebabs, turning them occasionally, until the turkey is light brown and just cooked through, about 20 minute.
- 4Remove and keep warm under foil.
- 5While the turkey is cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. When it is hot, spray it with cooking spray.
- 6Add the onions and saute until almost translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, whisk the chicken broth into the cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 8Whisk the broth mixture into the onion.
- 9Stirring constantly, bring the broth to a boil.
- 10Add the celery the and peas, return the sauce to a simmer, and cook until it has thickened, about four minutes.
- 11Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- 12Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, if desired, spoon it over the kebabs, and serve.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocco Dispirito's Grilled Turkey a La King
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 89.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth