Recipe by suzanne
This was originally a rich chicken dish made with lots of cream. Rocco in his cookbook 'Now Eat This!' has slimmed the recipe down considerably. Rocco's cookbook says that each serving has 192 calories and only 3 g of fat. When I prepared this recipe, I pan cooked the turkey chunks because my grill was broken and it still turned out lovely!
- 1 lb turkey breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-in pieces
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into fine dice
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Skewer the turkey and bell pepper on 4 metal skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is hot, spray the skewers with cooking spray. Grill the kebabs, turning them occasionally, until the turkey is light brown and just cooked through, about 20 minute.
- Remove and keep warm under foil.
- While the turkey is cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. When it is hot, spray it with cooking spray.
- Add the onions and saute until almost translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the chicken broth into the cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Whisk the broth mixture into the onion.
- Stirring constantly, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the celery the and peas, return the sauce to a simmer, and cook until it has thickened, about four minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, if desired, spoon it over the kebabs, and serve.