Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I created this dish because it was all that was left in my cupboards. I was going to make traditional chicken and rice, but found a can of tomatoes instead of Cream of Mushroom soup. Well, I think I lke this better and my family did too. I used chicken wings because I lacked chicken breasts. I'll try it with breasts next time.
- 15 chicken wings
- 236.59 ml rice (uncooked)
- 411.06 g can chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 295.73 ml water
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty all ingredients, except chicken, in a large baking dish. Stir.
- Place chicken wings atop rice mixture.
- Season top of wings with a little more of the salt, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until wings are done and rice is tender.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- NOTE: I don't measure my seasonings, so these measurements are guestimations. Adjust seasonings to your own liking.
Another great recipe, Robyn! I had chicken thighs to use up and forgot to buy the cheese, but other than that, made as directed. I liked that there was no cream soup in it, it's made with pantry staples and it had a nice kick too! Thanks for sharing your creations with us! :) Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0