1/1 Photo of Robyn's Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Robyn's Kitchen's Note:
I created this dish because it was all that was left in my cupboards. I was going to make traditional chicken and rice, but found a can of tomatoes instead of Cream of Mushroom soup. Well, I think I lke this better and my family did too. I used chicken wings because I lacked chicken breasts. I'll try it with breasts next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 chicken wings
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Empty all ingredients, except chicken, in a large baking dish. Stir.
- 3Place chicken wings atop rice mixture.
- 4Season top of wings with a little more of the salt, black pepper, and chili powder.
- 5Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until wings are done and rice is tender.
- 6Top with shredded cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- 7NOTE: I don't measure my seasonings, so these measurements are guestimations. Adjust seasonings to your own liking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robyn's Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.2
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 234.8 mg
- Sodium 725.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 60.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: