Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick and easy side for any meal. Add some cooked chopped meat and it can be a main dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine hashbrowns, brocolli, salt and pepper until thoughroughly mixed.
- Add sour cream and stir.
- Spoon half of the mixture into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Spoon remaining mixture on top and finish with a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minute or until the center of casserole is hot.
This was really good Robyn, my husband and I loved it. (The kids weren't thrilled but then again they hate broccoli so they don't count on this one!) I halved the recipe and used monterey jack and cheddar as I didn't have colby cheese. This reminds me somewhat of the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown recipes but with the addition of the broccoli and omission of condensed soup. You definitely could add some chopped chicken to this for a main course. Excellent, thank you! (I should mention that I made this as a half recipe, and cooked in an 8" corning ware dish.) Made for Fall PAC 2009.