Recipe by Pot Scrubber
I'm posting this recipe by popular request. It is an easy peasy recipe using readily available ingredients. Give it a try! You'll be surprised at this new and delicious way to use fish sticks.
Top Review by Maito
First time we ate this at dinner, I would have given it 4 fours, but when I ate the leftovers I used tartar sauce instead of ranch (as another reviewer did), and it brought my rating up to 5 stars. I used Trader Joe's jalapeno tartar sauce, so it gave it a nice kick, and it was really the bomb with it. The base recipe is really easy and contains great ingredients. Any way you make it, you will enjoy it.
- 10 frozen fish sticks (use your favorite brand) or 10 fillets (use your favorite brand)
- coleslaw mix (just buy the shredded cabbage and carrot mix in your local grocer)
- 1 diced roma tomato
- steamed tortilla (I prefer steamed corn tortillas but flour tortillas are delicious, too)
- ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fish sticks according to package directions ( I prefer the Gorton's Beer Batter brand) but use whatever you have.
- Mix about two cups of the shredded slaw mix with the diced roma tomato and toss until combined.
- Place a fish stick or two with a couple of pinches of the cabbage/tomato mixture with a big squirt of (about 1 TB) of Ranch dressing into a steamed corn or flour tortilla.
- A squirt of lime juice gives them a great fresh taste if you have some.
- Fold it in half and enjoy.