Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm posting this recipe by popular request. It is an easy peasy recipe using readily available ingredients. Give it a try! You'll be surprised at this new and delicious way to use fish sticks.
- 10 frozen fish sticks (use your favorite brand) or 10 fillets (use your favorite brand)
- coleslaw mix (just buy the shredded cabbage and carrot mix in your local grocer)
- 1 diced roma tomato
- steamed tortilla (I prefer steamed corn tortillas but flour tortillas are delicious, too)
- ranch dressing
- Cook the fish sticks according to package directions ( I prefer the Gorton's Beer Batter brand) but use whatever you have.
- Mix about two cups of the shredded slaw mix with the diced roma tomato and toss until combined.
- Place a fish stick or two with a couple of pinches of the cabbage/tomato mixture with a big squirt of (about 1 TB) of Ranch dressing into a steamed corn or flour tortilla.
- A squirt of lime juice gives them a great fresh taste if you have some.
- Fold it in half and enjoy.
This is the kind of fish taco I'm talking about! With way too many leftover flour tortillas AND fishsticks, this recipe was perfect. I used Gorton's "Premium Tilapia" fishsticks (I couldn't really discern a difference between these and any others I've tasted) and had to chop up some pre-bagged iceberg salad-mix, but it worked just deliciously. I also added a scoop of chow-chow to each taco, to stand in for the tartar sauce. So easy, so fast, so.. thank you!
On a table in a flash and not bad at all! I used Baja Sauce.
These are so good, so easy and so quick--what more could you want on a week night! Used shredded lettuce as had no coleslaw mix, added minced onions and some sliced black olives----turned out great. Also mixed the ranch dressing with some salsa.