Recipe by Robyn's Kitchen
This is an easy side dish recipe for the crock pot. Adjust seasonings to your liking because I don't know if the measurements are exact. I also make these in the oven, just bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
Top Review by mums the word
Update - I decided to turn this into a main dish by adding chicken. I marinated skinless chicken breasts in about 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp lemon juice and sprinkled on the same spices used in your recipe. The next day, I just put the breasts on top of the potatoes and cooked on low for 6-7 hours. It was delicious. Sept 7/09 Awesome roasted potatoes without heating up the kitchen! My guests loved them and two people asked for the recipe! I made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. After 5 hours on low, the potatoes were still too hard so I cranked it up to high for the last hour and they were just perfect. Made for Fall PAC 2009. Thx for sharing your recipe Robyn!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop potatoes into half moons (slice potato in half longways, then into pieces). Place into crock pot.
- Add water and sprinkle with all the herbs and seasoning. Stir to distribute the herbs.
- Add butter in separate pieces on top of the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until tender.
- Note: It may take less time to cook, I'm never home to check when they are actually ready! I've let them cook up to 8 hours and they are still good.