Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an easy side dish recipe for the crock pot. Adjust seasonings to your liking because I don't know if the measurements are exact. I also make these in the oven, just bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Chop potatoes into half moons (slice potato in half longways, then into pieces). Place into crock pot.
- Add water and sprinkle with all the herbs and seasoning. Stir to distribute the herbs.
- Add butter in separate pieces on top of the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until tender.
- Note: It may take less time to cook, I'm never home to check when they are actually ready! I've let them cook up to 8 hours and they are still good.
Update - I decided to turn this into a main dish by adding chicken. I marinated skinless chicken breasts in about 2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp lemon juice and sprinkled on the same spices used in your recipe. The next day, I just put the breasts on top of the potatoes and cooked on low for 6-7 hours. It was delicious. Sept 7/09 Awesome roasted potatoes without heating up the kitchen! My guests loved them and two people asked for the recipe! I made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. After 5 hours on low, the potatoes were still too hard so I cranked it up to high for the last hour and they were just perfect. Made for Fall PAC 2009. Thx for sharing your recipe Robyn!
These were great! Very easy to put together. I left out the dill and instead of butter I used butter spray so I could reduce some of the calories. This was a great side dish with chicken. Thanks so much for posting!! :)
I made these yesterday for the 4th of July. My kids don't do gluten or dairy, so sometimes it's hard to come up with a potato dish for a bbq that isn't mashed potatoes or baked. These fit the bill perfectly! After cooking about six hours, my crockpot went to warm, and they stayed perfectly until everything was ready to eat. There wasn't much left, but I took the leftovers this morning and browned them up a bit in a skillet with some onion pieces, and then added an egg and scrambled it into the potatoes. I think I'll make extra when I make this again, just to make that again!