Recipe by Karen in MA
from www.parrano.com (makers of robusto cheese) (8 hours prep time reflects refrigerated marinating time)
- 1 lb pizza dough (or large prepared pizza crust)
- 6 fresh roma tomatoes, cored and sliced into 1/4 inch circles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- robusto cheese, 1-2 cups, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the tomatoes: in a non-reactive container, toss the tomatoes, garlic, wine, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours before making the pizza (or let stand at room temp while you preheat the oven and prepare the pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease pizza or cookie pan.
- Stretch the dough to fit the pan; drape with a clean kitchen towel, and let rest while the oven comes to temperature.
- When the oven is heated, stir the tomatoes and taste for seasoning.
- Drain the tomatoes and arrange on top of the dough (or prepared crust).
- Sprinkled grated robusto over top, using as much as you like.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is browned and the cheese bubbly.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle basil over top.
- Cut into pieces; serve hot or warm.