3 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A hearty, flavorful lasagna
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 ounces prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 lb wild exotic mushroom (oyster, shiitake, lobster, cremini,etc.)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb dried lasagna noodle, sheets cooked according to package directions
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; lightly oil a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 2In a big pan, heat the olive oil; when oil is hot, saute the onions and prosciutto for about 3 minutes, until the onions have wilted and begin to caramelize.
- 3Add ½ cup minced parsley, shallots, and mushrooms.
- 4Combine and saute them for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to brown and soften.
- 5Add 2 cups beef broth, stirring vigorously to deglaze the pan—continue to cook for an additional 45 minutes to concentrate the flavors.
- 6Season with salt and pepper; stir in the garlic, basil, and oregano.
- 7Cook for 3 minutes to combine the flavors; remove mixture from heat.
- 8Strain the mushroom mixture, reserving the liquid.
- 9Pour the liquid back into the saute pan; heat and stir vigorously to remove any particles along the sides of the pan.
- 10Add in the wine and continue to deglaze the pan; continue to cook the liquid until a glaze is formed, stirring occasionally.
- 11Add in the tomatoes, paprika, and cayenne; combine well.
- 12Continue to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 13Season with salt and pepper; add the mushroom mixture to the sauce; combine and remove from the heat.
- 14Assemble: spoon a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, covering evenly.
- 15Layer pasta sheets over the sauce, being careful not to overlap them.
- 16Cut the pasta sheets to fit the baking pan if necessary.
- 17Repeat with a thick layer of mushroom sauce; sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
- 18Top with three additional pasta sheets and repeat with the remaining mushroom sauce, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and pasta sheets.
- 19Ensure that the last layer in the baking dish is the pasta sheets.
- 20Mix ½ cup heavy cream with ¼ cup milk, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- 21Season with salt and pepper; pour over the top of the lasagna.
- 22Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 23Remove the cover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is brown and bubbly.
- 24Remove from oven; let rest 20 minutes before cutting to serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robust Tomato and Wild Mushroom Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 849.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: