Recipe by bert
This dish can also be made ahead. Just cover tightly after adding marinade and refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24. Turn occasionally.
Top Review by Bittersweetened
Great flavor on the marinade. Because it is summer and I live in HOT Arizona, we decided to throw it on the grill rather than broil it. I combined it with Recipe #290476 and it was oh so tasty. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb high-quality beef flank steak, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut both sides of beef in diamond pattern 1/8" deep.
- Place beef in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- About 15 minutes before serving, set oven to broil.
- Place beef on rack in a broiler pan and broil 2-3" from heat for 5 minutes or til brown.
- Broil 5 more minutes for medium done.
- Cut beef across grain @ slanted angle into thin slices.