Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish can also be made ahead. Just cover tightly after adding marinade and refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24. Turn occasionally.
- 1 lb high-quality beef flank steak, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut both sides of beef in diamond pattern 1/8" deep.
- Place beef in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- About 15 minutes before serving, set oven to broil.
- Place beef on rack in a broiler pan and broil 2-3" from heat for 5 minutes or til brown.
- Broil 5 more minutes for medium done.
- Cut beef across grain @ slanted angle into thin slices.
Great flavor on the marinade. Because it is summer and I live in HOT Arizona, we decided to throw it on the grill rather than broil it. I combined it with Recipe #290476 and it was oh so tasty. Thanks for posting.
I thought this recipe was great. I found the London Broil very delicious and flavorful. I followed the cutting directions as written and cooked the meat right after I poured the marinade / liquid mixture over it. The molasses seemed to be the most pronounced taste. Very simple ingredients and very simple preperation. Leftovers I diced up and I served over a steamed vegetable mixture.
The marinade didn't leave much flavor on the steak. I was really dissapointed in the flavor. I marinaded it for about 8 hours.