Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
From Country Woman mag April/May 2009.
- 4 Italian sausages, halved (4 oz each)
- 1 (25 5/8 ounce) jar italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender.
My family adored this recipe! I didn't have any tomatoes with chiles so I used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with a can of diced green chiles. My husband said it was like eating a sausage sandwich. Thank you for posting. I will make this again!
This was so easy and delicious. I had the sausage already cooked and cut up so I threw all but the noodles in the pot on high for 2 hours. Put the pasta in for approx 30 minutes and voila! Definitely will make this again.
A great meal for a busy day or when you feel like having Italian! The canned chiles and tomato made it a bit spicy so next time I'll just use half the can. But it still was quite delicious!