Recipe by hungrykitten
From Country Woman mag April/May 2009.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
My family adored this recipe! I didn't have any tomatoes with chiles so I used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with a can of diced green chiles. My husband said it was like eating a sausage sandwich. Thank you for posting. I will make this again!
- 4 Italian sausages, halved (4 oz each)
- 1 (25 5/8 ounce) jar italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3 quart slow cooker.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender.