mama smurf's Note:
Found this recipe in Church Suppers (Brand Names) at the checkout counter. I am posting this here so I can find it and make it for the next BSU football game and later on for holidays. I am guessing at the prep/cooking time...depends on how long you leave it in the fridge to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup choppped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted and peeled red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons gin (optional) or 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, feta cheese, garlic, salt and pepper sauce; mix until blended and smooth. Add 1/2 cup walnuts, capers, bell pepper and gin, if desired. Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated and evenly blended. Mixture will be easier to shape if refrigerated 2-3 hours before forming.
- 2Add cayenne pepper to remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and toss to coat. Spread nuts on sheet of waxed paper.
- 3With damp hands, divide cheese mixture in half. Pat and press each half into log about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide or into ball about 3 inches across. (Shape does not need to be perfect.).
- 4Roll eah log or ball in walnuts, patting coating in firmly. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robust Cheddar, Feta and Walnut Cheese Log
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 380.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g