Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in Church Suppers (Brand Names) at the checkout counter. I am posting this here so I can find it and make it for the next BSU football game and later on for holidays. I am guessing at the prep/cooking time...depends on how long you leave it in the fridge to set.
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup choppped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted and peeled red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons gin (optional) or 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, feta cheese, garlic, salt and pepper sauce; mix until blended and smooth. Add 1/2 cup walnuts, capers, bell pepper and gin, if desired. Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated and evenly blended. Mixture will be easier to shape if refrigerated 2-3 hours before forming.
- Add cayenne pepper to remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and toss to coat. Spread nuts on sheet of waxed paper.
- With damp hands, divide cheese mixture in half. Pat and press each half into log about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide or into ball about 3 inches across. (Shape does not need to be perfect.).
- Roll eah log or ball in walnuts, patting coating in firmly. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
I made this for my birthday party buffet on the 5th May, hence my review being late - sorry about that! It was a fabulous recipe and we all enjoyed it served with crackers and melba toast. The recipe has all of my favourite ingredients in it and I have saved this recipe to make again for parties and at Christmas etc! Thanks for sharing this recipe - made for Aussie Recipe Swap. PS: Review is also late as I was away on holiday in the UK over my birthday, and had no internet for a week.....photos to be uploaded later!