Recipe by chicagorob
I created this recipe over 20 years ago and still get requests to make it for family, work and church events. It's the easiest and least expensive chili you will ever make. The recipe can easily be multiplied.
Top Review by Madre Mia
Good golly, Miss Molly... my family absolutely loved this chili. Made it just as directed but we all added our own "heat", as we each like it a little different. I added crushed red pepper, my SO & 14yo dd Tabasco, my FIL & 14yo the Mexican hot sauce (wasn't Tapatio but close... don't remember the name), & my Baby Girl, 8yo dd, nothing as she doesn't like the heat. It was perfect for each of us! Had it with jalapeno cornbread. Faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous! Definitely going in my OAMC repertoire! Thanks for sharing, Rob... Go Bears!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) packets chili seasoning mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- garlic salt
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, onions and peppers together. Drain.
- Stir in the chili mix, spices, beans, chopped tomatoes and tomato juice.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring and scraping the bottom o f the pot every few minutes to keep it from burning.
- At the very end, stir in the cocoa powder.