Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Regardless of what Rob calls it, this eggnog is far from ordinary! Very, very rich, you'll want to serve this one to adults only. Guaranteed to impress! My friend Rob Lowry shared this recipe with me for one of my Christmas collection cookbooks a few years back. Prep time includes chilling.
- Separate the eggs: keep all the yolks and 7 of the whites (reserve the leftover whites for another recipe).
- Place the egg yolks in a electric mixing bowl and beat at high speed until frothy.
- Still beating, add the sugar 1/4 cup at a time; beat until the sugar has fully dissolved and the egg mixture has thickened.
- Move egg mixture to a large serving or punch bowl and whisk in the milk, cognac, brandy, rum, vanilla and nutmeg.
- In the mixing bowl, whip the whipping cream until thickened; fold the whipped cream into the mixture in the punch bowl.
- In another dry (make sure it's dry!) mixing bowl, whisk 7 egg whites until they firmly hold a peak; fold whites into the mixture in the punch bowl.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve immediately.
- Notes: the nog will only sit for six hours, so you can't make it too far in advance; for an extra kick double the alcohol content; also, make sure to let your guests know that this contains raw eggs, as pregnant women are advised to not partake of such.