Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a nice Jalapeno Jelly recipe that is sweet but also has a good kick to it. It was a final rendering after trying a couple of differen't recipes. It's very easy to make and is delicious. Great served with cream cheese and crackers or with many differnt things like eggs, hot dogs and etc.
- 6 medium jalapeno peppers, washed and drained but leave everything else except for the stems
- 113.39 g green bell peppers or 1 medium pepper, washed drained and stems removed
- 473.18 ml apple cider vinegar, divided
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1419.54 ml sugar
- 170.09 g Certo, sure-gell
- In a blender combine Jalapenos and Cider Vinegar then puree until smooth.
- Combine puree with remaining vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add Sure-Gell and continue to boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
- Stir in food coloring till eye appealing.
- Ladle jelly into clean hot jars, leaving ¼ inch head space.
- Process using hot water bath technique.
- Makes 5 (8oz) half pints.