Recipe by Grammabobbie
So good, great flavor, tender meat, and healthy too! DH loves it, we are watching his weight! I am trying to get him used to eating healthier. Cooks up fast, easy for a dinner menu, served over white rice, your guests will rave! The meat is marinated, so start early, chop your vegetables, and you will have very little to do at dinnertime! I buy Hoisin sauce at the local grocery store, any brand you like. You may add more steak, or any vegetable you like. You can even substitute Tofu for the meat and have a vegetarian dish. I dislike tofu, eww. Very versatile. Have fun with this recipe! Grape tomatoes would be great in this too!
Top Review by Ratalouille
Delicious! This dish is chock full of crispy vegetables and the Hoisin sauce gives a unique flavor. The only substitutions I made were using sweet peas instead of snow peas and Nappa cabbage instead of bok choy (these were not available at my grocery store). I served this (2) ways: one) over cooked ramen noodles and two) over deep fried rice noodles also called maifun. Pretty tasty :) Thanks grammabobbie :) I made this for PAC-April 2009.
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 head bok choy, cut in half, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the flank steak, very thinly, against the grain.
- Grate the ginger (I use a 1 inch piece)
- Mince the garlic.
- Mix in a bowl, the steak ,ginger, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and slicing thinly, put in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until dinnertime.
- One half hour before serving, saute the onions and mushrooms in olive oil, in a wok or large non-stick skillet. Set aside in a large bowl. Add steak ,to the same pan, turning until browned on all sides. Add liquid from the marinate. Cook for 2 minutes. Place the cooked steak into onion and mushroom mixture.
- Next, adding more oil if necessary, stir fry the broccoli and carrots, for 2 minutes, then add Bok choy, snow peas, stir fry 2 more minutes, then add the meat mixture, stirring 2 more minutes until all is hot.
- Serve on a large platter, over hot cooked white rice, pass a small bowl of warm Hoisin sauce for added flavor.