1/2 Photos of Robi's Steak and Bok Choy Stir Fry
So good, great flavor, tender meat, and healthy too! DH loves it, we are watching his weight! I am trying to get him used to eating healthier. Cooks up fast, easy for a dinner menu, served over white rice, your guests will rave! The meat is marinated, so start early, chop your vegetables, and you will have very little to do at dinnertime! I buy Hoisin sauce at the local grocery store, any brand you like. You may add more steak, or any vegetable you like. You can even substitute Tofu for the meat and have a vegetarian dish. I dislike tofu, eww. Very versatile. Have fun with this recipe! Grape tomatoes would be great in this too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 head bok choy, cut in half, sliced thin
- 1Slice the flank steak, very thinly, against the grain.
- 2Grate the ginger (I use a 1 inch piece)
- 3Mince the garlic.
- 4Mix in a bowl, the steak ,ginger, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar.
- 5Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 6Prepare the vegetables by washing and slicing thinly, put in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until dinnertime.
- 7One half hour before serving, saute the onions and mushrooms in olive oil, in a wok or large non-stick skillet. Set aside in a large bowl. Add steak ,to the same pan, turning until browned on all sides. Add liquid from the marinate. Cook for 2 minutes. Place the cooked steak into onion and mushroom mixture.
- 8Next, adding more oil if necessary, stir fry the broccoli and carrots, for 2 minutes, then add Bok choy, snow peas, stir fry 2 more minutes, then add the meat mixture, stirring 2 more minutes until all is hot.
- 9Serve on a large platter, over hot cooked white rice, pass a small bowl of warm Hoisin sauce for added flavor.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robi's Steak and Bok Choy Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 566.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g