- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- cajun spices
- 1 -2 lb peeled shrimp
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, and bell pepper and margarine, until tender, in a large skillet.
- Stir in flour until thickened.
- Gradually add water and tomato sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add Cajun spice and reduce heat.
- Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot rice.