Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A terrific, easy salad from my sister-in-law, Robin. This is not a kitchen-sink type salad. It is the simplicity of flavors and textures that make it. Delicious!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cavender all purpose Greek seasoning
- Layer first 4 ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients- oils, vinegar and seasoning- mixing well.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad, and toss.
Good. The salad itself was quite good - I really enjoyed the sesame seeds and the cheese in this especially. Unfortunately, the dressing did not work out for me - I found it to be very oily and not as flavorful as I had hoped. I will definitely make the salad again, but would probably serve it with another dressing next time.
This was good, but I kept wanting to add other salad ingredients to it. I do think it needs more than just the lettuce and cheese for that amount of dressing (I used just olive oil) and so I added some cucumber, radish and mushroom slices.