Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light May 2008
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion to pan and saute 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add rice and almonds; saute 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer a bout 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.