Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the basic recipe that I grew up with, and every year I make this even if I am not hosting Thanksgiving! Ingredients are approximate as I usually don't measure.
- 1 (16 ounce) bagpepperidge farm bread stuffing cubes
- 8 -16 ounces oysters, with liquid
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped
- Simmer oysters in liquid (add water to make at least 2 cups) for 5 minutes. DO NOT BOIL!
- Cool oysters, then chop, and reserve liquid.
- Saute onions, mushrooms, and celery.
- Mix onions, mushrooms, celery, parsley and bread stuffing all together.
- Add reserved liquid, if not enough add some chicken broth.
- Stuff turkey or bake in a casserole (greased).
- at 350 for 30 minute.