Recipe by Donna Matthews
Although I had always served a potato casserole with our Easter ham, my daughter-in-law brought her "family recipe" this year and everyone agreed that this was so good that it should become the permanent replacement for my other casserole.
- 2 (32 ounce) packages frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease one large (or two 9x13) baking dishes.
- Fill with hash browns.
- For sauce, melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add soup and a little water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add cheese and heat until melted.
- Let cool, then add sour cream.
- Mix sauce into hash browns.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes (or until hot and bubbly).