Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an over the top version of your ordinary mac and cheese. WARNING: very cheesy and even more addictive!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 lb colby cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese (slices or cubed)
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook macaroni according to directions on the box.
- While that is cooking, in a large sauce pan, combine all of the cheeses, milk, butter, and salt and pepper and melt over a low flame stirring constantly. Be very careful not to burn the cheese sauce.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, strain it so that all of the water is gone and add a tablespoon of butter so that it doesn't stick. Add the cheese sauce and mix it so that it completely coats all of the macaroni.
- Transfer the mac and cheese into a large casserole dish. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.