Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 34 mins
This recipe came from my friend Robin.
Make and share this Robin's Almond Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon almond extract, plus
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with non- stick spray. In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, combine sugar, eggs, egg whites and almond extract until well blended (about 1 minute).
- Blend in half of the flour mixture with spatula, then beat with mixer on low speed for several seconds.
- Blend in half of the flour mixture with a spatula, then beat with a mixer on low speed for several seconds.
- Add remaining flour mixture and continue beating until smooth, about 5 seconds. (If mixture is too wet, or seems sticky to touch, add the remaining flour).
- Add almonds and beat just to combine.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces, smoothing each into a 12 x 2 inch strip on the baking sheet.
- Bake until firm and lightly golden in color, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for for 2 minutes, leave the oven on.
- Slide loaves onto cutting board and with serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Discard the ends, or eat them.
- Place slices, cut sides down back on the baking tray, (they can touch).
- Bake for 7 minutes and then turn over and bake the other side for 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Once cool, store in airtight container.
I have my own little stash of biscotti recipes that I usually make, but the other day was the day for trying out new ones! This went together very quickly & we love the great almond flavor that comes through in these ~ VERY, VERY NICE! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]