This recipe came from my friend Robin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon almond extract, plus
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with non- stick spray. In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 2In large bowl, with electric mixer on high speed, combine sugar, eggs, egg whites and almond extract until well blended (about 1 minute).
- 3Blend in half of the flour mixture with spatula, then beat with mixer on low speed for several seconds.
- 4Blend in half of the flour mixture with a spatula, then beat with a mixer on low speed for several seconds.
- 5Add remaining flour mixture and continue beating until smooth, about 5 seconds. (If mixture is too wet, or seems sticky to touch, add the remaining flour).
- 6Add almonds and beat just to combine.
- 7Divide dough into 2 pieces, smoothing each into a 12 x 2 inch strip on the baking sheet.
- 8Bake until firm and lightly golden in color, 15-20 minutes.
- 9Remove and let cool for for 2 minutes, leave the oven on.
- 10Slide loaves onto cutting board and with serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 11Discard the ends, or eat them.
- 12Place slices, cut sides down back on the baking tray, (they can touch).
- 13Bake for 7 minutes and then turn over and bake the other side for 7 minutes.
- 14Let cool completely on wire rack.
- 15Once cool, store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Robin's Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 28.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g