Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe starts with refrigerated sugar cookie dough so that half your work is done before you even start! How easy is that? You simply doctor the dough with some goodies and bake. What could be easier? The possibilities are endless if you think about it. I can envision adding cut-up dried apricots and slivered almonds. Or maybe hazelnuts and chocolate chips. What can you envision. Robin Miller is a host on the Food Network.
- 1 (8 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, lightly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 (11 ounce) bag white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Open sugar cookie log and press into rectangle on floured cutting board. Add pistachios and cherries, press into dough and then re-shape into a log. Slice into 1/4-inch rounds. (I find I can slice these easier if I chill the dough about 1/2 hour.) Transfer cookies to a baking sheet.
- Bake 7-11 minutes, until golden around the edges. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- To fancy these cookies up you may want to partially dip them into melted white chocolate. Do it this way. While cookies are baking, melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler or bowl over simmering water.
- When cookies are cool, dip bottom half of cookies into melted white chocolate and place on waxed or parchment paper to cool.