Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Her Quick Fix Meals are heavy on flavor and light on time for busy week nights.
- 2 cups salmon, coarsely flaked (use leftovers to save time)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten (or 1 large egg)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently combine the salmon, bread crumbs, egg, cilantro, cumin, and 2 tbsp of the mayonnaise until combined. Shape mixture into four patties, each about 1 inch thick. Chill patties in fridge while waiting for oil to heat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon cakes. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3-5 mins per side.
- In small bowl, add the seame oil and wasabi paste to remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise and mix well. Serve the cakes with sesame-wasabi cream spooned over the top (1 tbsp per salmon cake).
This was a different combination. I enjoyed the cilantron and cumin, which gave it a little spice. Not sure I enjoyed the sauce, it was o.k. Will make salmon cakes again, but will skip the sauce.
Very nice salmon cakes. I used leftover salmon poached in white wine. The cilantro and cumin gave it great flavor and the sauce had just the right balance between the sesame and wasabi. They would be nice made smaller and served with cocktails. Thanks Heather and David!