Recipe by mollypaul
A healthy, hearty, full-flavored, prize winning recipe from Robin Hood Flour. Prep time includes approximate rising time and bake time varies depending on method and size of loaves/rolls.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup robin hood red river cereal (muesli- or granola-style cereal may also be substituted, if Robin Hood cereal is unavailable)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first ten ingredients to machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add tomatoes and cheese at"add ingredients" signal or after first rising.
- Select whole wheat cycle for a bread machine loaf; OR select dough cycle, shape and bake in conventional oven.
- LOAF: Shape dough into 3 or 4 balls.
- Place in greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in warm place about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil if becoming too brown.
- ROLLS: Shape dough into 16 balls.
- Place in greased 9" square pan.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise 30- 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 18- 23 minutes.