Recipe by Snyde
This combination was derived from one of my favorite kielbasa and sauerkraut casseroles. The combination of mayonnaise and horseradish added to the standard sauerkraut and Swiss cheese was an instant hit at our house.
Top Review by Chef Schellies
This was excellent. I made it as written except I also rinsed the sauerkraut just after draining it (which I always do because I like a milder flavor with less salt). Thanks for a great recipe. I will make this again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise and horseradish together in a large bowl.
- Melt bacon grease in frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add sauerkraut to frying pan and brown lightly.
- Mix warm sauerkraut to mayonnaise and horseradish; mix well.
- Stir in cheese until mixed.
- Serve on top of your favorite hot dog while warm.