Recipe by Chef Roly-Poly
I've always been a fan of any kind of beans, especially baked beans, so I decided to come up with my own version.
Top Review by teresas
We really enjoyed this...I cut the recipe in half and it worked great...loved all the flavors although it was a bit overly sweet for us so next time I will cut down on the sugar...and the bottom parts of the bacon didn't crisp at all...I guess I like cooking my bacon up before adding to the bean dish...thanks for posting it...=)
- 31 ounces canned pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, your choice (KC Masterpiece is good)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except bacon and pour Into a 9x13 inch casserole dish, Lay bacon on top of bean mixture in a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is done and beans are hot and bubbly. A great side dish for barbequed ribs or brisket.