Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Easy, tasty, reliable, and adaptable to the way you like or are familiar with.
Make and share this Roberta's Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup turkey gravy or 1 cup stock
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, if your like me (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 loaves sliced white bread, cubed
- 2 -3 eggs (optional)
- 1 roll breakfast sausage (Dubuque brand HOT!! )
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute onion and celery until cooked. Cube loaves of bread and spread out ond flat sheet pans to let dry up [get stale]. Place the bread cubes into a very large bowl. Toss in the vegtables and butter. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add to the mixture.Add the rest of the seasonings, hebs and parsley. Drizzle stock and gravy over the mixture to moisten it, add a little at a time while you mix the ingriedients together just until it is moist. You can always add liquids but dificult to remove them once they are inches Taste and adjust seasonings to your likening. Add the cooked breakfast sausage complete with the drippings. Some people add pecans chestnuts or oysters for more flavor. Divide contents into 2 casseroles and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 45 minutes, cover with foil.