Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 lb) can kidney bean, drained
- 1 (1 lb) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- hot pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Brown tofu in oil.
- This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove tofu from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion to oil remaining in pan and saute 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil and then l ower to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated Cheddar cheese and corn chips on the side.
This recipe is excellent, I make it almost every week