- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn up
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (or 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Plunge artichoke hearts in boiling water; remove pan from heat and let stand only 2 minutes. Drain and chill.
- Combine artichoke hearts, romaine lettuce, bean sprouts and olives.
- In small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, red wine vinegar, dill, parsley, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper. Shake well to combine.
- Just before serving, pour over salad and toss until well coated.
- Robert likes it with barbecued steak or grilled rainbow trout. Enjoy!