Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my Grandma's recipe for a yummy dessert. Since I don't like using things with preservatives, artificial flavors, ect. I use Trader Joe's instant pudding mixes and Tru Whip brand nautral whipped topping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups prepared chocolate pudding
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- chopped pecans and grated chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter. On low speed gradually add the flour and mix just until blended. Stir in pecans. Press into a 13 by 9 inch pan and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Spread chocolate pudding over cream cheese mixture. Then spread vanilla pudding over chocolate pudding. Then spread the remaining whipped topping over vanilla pudding. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and grated chocolate. Chill for several hours before serving.