Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I cut this recipe out of the newspaper probably 20 years ago, but lost it. Searches for it on the internet proved unsuccessful. So, I emailed the newspaper and they came up it. I'm posting it to have for safe keeping.
- 3 -4 firm tomatoes, thickly sliced and seeded
- 1 partially baked 9-inch pie shell
- dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Arrange a layer of sliced tomatoes in pie shell. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
- Combine mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese and spread mixture over tomatoes, sealing the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.