Recipe by Chef Robby
A tasty snack to enjoy while watching the game.
Top Review by Chef Bum 32
Wow! What a great recipe. I've tried this in the past with other pickling recipes, with poor results.This one's a keeper. I followed the recipe to the tee and the results are incredible. Just the right amount of spicyness. I, too, was reminded of the "old days" when dad took us to Pulaski Hall. Just add saltines. I recommend leaving in the fridge for 2 weeks, minimum before eating. Thanks, Chef Robbie!
- 4 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry crushed red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs kielbasa or 3 lbs smoked sausage
- 6 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Make brine by combining first four ingredients and bringing to a boil in a saucepan.
- Cut sausage into equal sized links, approximately 3" each.
- Place sausage and bay leaves into a sterilized gallon size glass jar.
- Pour brine over sausage and seal jug.
- Store in refrigerator for 2-3 days. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
- Note: Your ability to fit all of the sausage into the jar will depend on what brand you buy.