Recipe by mgd
This is my husband's chili recipe - it's mild, so if you like it spicier, add extra green chilies, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and garlic!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 14 1⁄2 ounces kidney beans, canned
- 14 1⁄2 ounces pinto beans, canned
- 14 1⁄2 ounces black beans, canned
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, diced, canned
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, fresh or canned
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef; stir frequently and break up into crumble-sized pieces. Drain off the fat.
- Dump beef and all remaining ingredients into a crockpot (or a large pot) and stir to combine. Cover. Heat on high heat until bubbling; then, reduce heat to low, and stir. Keep heat on low and stir every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours. (Optional: if you can safely heat this dish for a total of 8 hours, it will taste its best; but, it will be tasty after only 3 hours of cook time.) Taste, add more seasonings if you desire, stir, and serve.